Improvement – Manufacturing Process
- Variance in material consumption
- Product rejection by quality control
- Irregular process cycle time
- Waste of time and resources
- Shop floor study of entire manufacturing cycle of 5 batches.
- Physical weighment of all raw materials & intermediates as per the BOM of the production order.
- Variance observed between actual consumption with BOM, deviation reported to technical team for assessing the impact.
- In Correct raw material consumption observed.
- Time & Motion study done for the men and machine.
- Rejection reasons analysed and cost for reworking of the batches done.
- Critical analysis report submitted for variance in material consumption
- 3% raw material saving in the material cost achieved by correcting the material consumption discipline.
- Cost of reworking the rejected batches submitted to plant management. On an average batch cost increases by 5-8% and necessary awareness program conducted for cost consciousness
- Reward and recognition recommended for improvement in the productivity.